Photo Source: moms.popsugar.com
March isn’t just a month for madness and little men dressed in green suits chasing rainbows but also a time where peanut butter lovers unite and celebrate the awesomeness of the good ‘ol peanut. March 1st is the official day for peanut butter lovers to celebrate their obsession with this creamy crunchy snack. I’ve searched the internet and found some crazy recipes that my family and I are going to try so please join us by sharing your favorite peanut butter recipes and lets go pea-nutty!
Peanuts making history…..
- Earl Adkins of Enfield, North Carolina currently holds the world record for growing the largest peanut standing a whopping 4 inches long! That’s a whole lot of PP&J’s.
- In November 2010, Grand Saline, Texas won the title of the world’s largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich weight in at 1,342 pounds.
- August 1976, a student from the University of Colorado named Tom Miller pushed a peanut to the top of Pike’s Peak, which is 14,100 feet, not to mention – with his nose!
- Chris Ambrose holds the world record of eating 100 peanuts in under 60 seconds.
Test your love for peanuts with these fun facts.
Read about alternative uses of peanut butter.
Try these awesome recipes!
- Homemade peanut butter
- Caramel Peanut Popcorn
- Slender Blonde Brownie
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Delicious simple gluten free recipes
Try being your own peanut farmer buying learning how to grown your own nuts with these simple tips.
Indulge into your love for food and visit Charlotte American Food Examiner